Defense in Cash App founder Bob Lee fatal San Francisco stabbing says it hasn’t been given all the evidence

US

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) — The man accused of stabbing and killing Cash App founder Bob Lee in San Francisco was back in court Thursday.

Nima Momeni’s attorneys plan to argue for a change of venue on March 15, at which time they have said they’ll also set a trial date. In the meantime, they say they have concerns that they weren’t provided all the evidence from Lee’s two cell phones. Rather, the defense says it was only provided with two weeks of history from one of the two phones.

“For whatever reason — cause I’ve never encountered this in my 25 years. I know you haven’t, right? — that the government gives us a sliver of the evidence and tells us this is what you get. It doesn’t work like that,” said Saam Zangeneh, Nima Momeni’s attorney.

TIMELINE: Events leading up to fatal SF stabbing of Bob Lee shown in court documents

Zangeneh says Lee’s cell phone history matters to show what, if any, relationship he had with Momeni’s sister, who prosecutors have alleged was at the center of a feud between the two men.

Zangeneh and Momeni’s other defense attorneys plan to argue a motion for the missing cell phone history on March 5. They also want Momeni to be able to view electronic evidence in the case by himself in jail, something they say they haven’t been able to arrange so far.

When the prosecution expressed privacy and relevance concerns about Lee’s phone records, Momeni’s defense team said they would agree to a protective order to secure the privacy of his information.

If you’re on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live

Copyright © 2024 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Trump targeted in assassination attempt at rally; shooter, 1 attendee dead
Glass Animals celebrates latest album release, reflects on rise to fame
Rob Schneider Calls Out Justin Trudeau
Terrell Davis says he was handcuffed by FBI on United flight after false accusation: ‘Disgusting display of injustice’
Marilyn Manson accuser speaks out after sex abuse ruling

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *