This versatile cocktail is traditionally made with bourbon but works well with any whisky of your choosing, for this version we’ve chosen to use an Australian single malt from Morris.
-25ml Lemon Juice
-15ml Simple Syrup
-2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
-½ a Pipette of Miraculous Foamer/1 Egg White/20ml Aquafaba
-Lemon Twist for Garnish
1) Using your jigger to measure add the whisky and simple syrup to your Boston glass or bottom half of your shaker
2) Using your elbow press and your jigger to measure, squeeze 25ml of lemon juice and add to your shaker
3) Add either, half a pipette of miraculous foamer, 20ml of aquafaba or the white of one egg to your shaker
4) Add 2 dashes of Angostura bitters to your shaker
5) Fill with cubed ice and seal
6) Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds
**If using egg white** Strain cocktail into other side of shaker, discard ice and shake again (dry) for around 5 seconds
7) Strain your cocktail into a rocks glass filled with cubed ice
8) Garnish with a lemon twist
ABOUT THE MIXOLOGY GUIDE:
If you’re interested in any and all things mixology-related, our Mixology Guide has been designed as your one-stop-shop. Whether you’re a bartender looking to brush up knowledge of the finer points of single malt distillation, or a total newcomer to drinking culture in general, there should be a little something in there for everyone.
We’re constantly updating our database, so if you can’t find what you’re after please feel free to get in touch and we’ll see what we can do!
Full Database: https://mixologyevents.co.uk/mixology-guide/
Since being set up in 2009, Mixology Events (https://mixologyevents.co.uk) has been dedicated to all things related to high-quality alcoholic beverages. We offer an extensive range of experiences – from tastings and bar hires, to award-winning 100% interactive cocktail classes (https://mixologyevents.co.uk/classes/cocktail-making-classes-london/) which we’ve taken with us on the road to a huge range of venues across the UK and beyond.
Our flagship venue, TT Liquor (https://ttliquor.co.uk) – where this video was filmed – is located in the heart of Hoxton. Set over 4 floors, it encompasses a subterranean bar, vintage cinema space, tasting vaults that were converted from ex-Victorian police cells, a brand-new garden roof terrace, and a series of adaptable event spaces. We even converted our home into a safely socially distanced box-packing factory for all our virtual classes during the lockdown era.
Book A Class: https://mixologyevents.co.uk/classes/…
Browse TT Liquor’s Site: http://ttliquor.co.uk/
#mixology #howto #cocktail