The global Cellulose Sponges Market Size is expected to exhibit a CAGR of over 4% to reach USD 3.6 billion by the end of 2030.
Cellulose sponges are made from cellulose. These sponges are made from a sustainably harvested natural resource and are disposable and 100% biodegradable. These are exceptionally absorbent, great at holding liquid and work well on various types of surfaces.
The ASTM WK28302 and WK26967 Sponge Inspection Test are used for the determination of cleaning efficacy of hard surface cleaning sponges in the pre-production stage, production stage, and pre-shipment stage.
Some of the chemicals identified as the HAP emitted in the largest quantities from cellulose ether operations by the Environmental Protection Agency include ethylene oxide, methanol, methyl chloride, and propylene oxide were
The regulatory standards for this sector, primarily consist of emission limits , which are regulated bby percent reduction from process vents and storage vessels.
- This segment is bifurcated into synthetic and natural.
- The natural cellulose sponge segment is expected to register a higher CAGR during the review period owing to its biodegradability. Natural cellulose sponges are made from a mixture of hemp fibers, sodium sulfate crystals, softeners, and wood pulp (cellulose). Few other materials such as flax are to provide added chemical resistance, strength, and other desirable properties.
- Synthetic sponges are made from polyester foam and are very durable, elastic, light, economical, and more chemically resistant than any other sponges.
- This segment is classified into household, automotive, chemical, cosmetics, medical, monofilaments, packaging, and others.
- Cellulose sponges are used in general cleaning, kitchen and bathroom products. Cellulose sponges are the most common type of kitchen sponges, widely used for dishwashing, cleaning countertops, sinks, appliances, floors, etc. The segment is likely to grow at the highest CAGR.
- The various applications of sponge can be the solution for lubricating parts, oiling & sealing.
- Cellulose sponge is a luxury, hypoallergenic and biodegradable product. Its natural fibers are very absorbent, which retains fluids and enables an even spread of all liquids and are widely used for exfoliating. These are available in personalized volumes, shapes, and a wide variety of colors.
- It is used in the chemicals industry for various applications such as ship-building (for sealing cable ducts in cable bulkheads), petrochemical Industry (various filtration processes), cooling processes (absorbing moistures), and labs for microbiological analysis.
- Sampling devices, electrotherapy, wound care products, eye surgery, and bone regeneration are some of the key applications of cellulose sponge in the medical industry.
- Used at the end of the line to absorb and wipe off the excess liquids during the development of monofilament to be used for artificial turf, tennis strings, brushes or fishing lines, the demand for cellulose sponge is expected to increase.
- Consumer packaging, transportation packaging of hazardous liquids, cosmetic packaging, and add-on promotion are few packaging applications of cellulose sponge.
- The others segment includes plastic processing, strapping manufacturing, printing, among others.
- North America: Market growth is driven by the presence of a large industrial base in the region. Expanding end-use industries, especially medical, cosmetics, chemicals, and others, are the key factor driving the market growth.
- Europe: European region is a well-established market. Increasing demand for Cellulose Sponges Market across major end-use industries is expected to propel market growth. The automotive industry in the region is the key factor driving the demand for cellulose sponges in the region.
- Asia-Pacific: It is the fastest-growing regional market. An increase in water & wastewater treatment carried out in the region due to the fast-paced industrialization is a prime factor driving the global market growth.
- Latin America: Rapid industrialization in countries such as Brazil and Mexico is projected to drive market growth during the assessment period.